- Traveling Nurses Help Rural Hospital Staffing Issues, But at a Cost
- Rural Americans Share Personal Stories to Inspire Confidence in COVID-19 Vaccines in Local Communities and Nationwide
- Study Finds Family Physicians Deliver Babies in Majority of Rural Hospitals
- State of Decay: Rural Areas in America Are at a Tooth Loss
- Rural Covid Infections Decline for Third Straight Week
- Rural U.S. Hospitals Stretched Thin After Nurse Shortage Exacerbated by the Pandemic
- New Vaccinations in Rural Counties Decline for Second Week
- CMS Clarifies Medicare Recognition of Interstate Licensure Compacts
- Making History, Despite History: The First Tribally Affiliated Med School Takes Flight in Oklahoma
- COVID-19 Cases and Deaths by Race/Ethnicity: Current Data and Changes Over Time
- The Surge of Telehealth During the Pandemic is Exacerbating Urban-Rural Disparities in Access to Mental Health Care
- Rural Infections Decline by 20%; Number of Covid Deaths Falls Slightly
- Rate of New Vaccinations Falls by 20%
- Telehealth has Rapidly Expanded. But Companies are Still Struggling to Reach Rural Populations
- Covid Is Killing Rural Americans at Twice the Rate of Urbanites
Where available, webinar recordings, PowerPoint slides, and transcripts for 2020 National Rural Health Day programming can now be accessed on the National Rural Health Day website. All links are free and accessible to the public. Event topics range from telehealth and COVID-19 testing to social determinants of health and substance use disorder. Participating organizations included HHS entities CDC, CMS, HRSA, NIH, the National Advisory Committee on Rural Health and Human Services, the National Association of Rural Health Clinics, and the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health. Find more information here.
On Thursday, November 19th, NRHA’s government affairs team joined thousands of advocates across the nation in celebrating National Rural Health Day by announcing the formation of the Rural Health Action Alliance, a coalition of the nation’s leading health care organizations representing providers and facilities that provide millions of rural Americans with high-quality, evidence-based care. Together, this coalition will seek to advance federal policies to improve rural health outcomes, including access to COVID-19 treatments and vaccines, continued expansion of telehealth technologies, and equitable resources for rural providers. For more information, view the full letter containing a roster of member organizations and contact Mason Zeagler, NRHA Government Affairs Senior Associate.
Join HRSA as they celebrate National Rural Health Day on Thursday, November 19. HRSA Administrator Tom Engels will kick off the day with opening remarks at 10 a.m. ET, followed by a welcome from Chair of the National Advisory Committee on Rural Health and Human Services, Jeff Colyer.
Also featured will be a presentation by HRSA’s rural grantees discussing their resiliency and innovation during the COVID-19 public health emergency. HRSA will host a variety of events throughout the week which are open to the public.
The Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) will recognize the annual event with online activities on Thursday, November 19. HRSA Administrator Tom Engels will kick off the day, along with a welcome from Jeff Colyer, Chair of the National Advisory Committee on Rural Health and Human Services. HRSA will host a variety of events throughout the week which are open to the public, including a virtual rural job fair and webinars focused on the rural response to COVID-19, social determinants of health, and telehealth.
National Rural Health Day continues to be successful because of support from the members of the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH) and their partners. NOSORH is proud of the reach and impact this program has year after year as we work to bring new programs, ideas, events, and opportunities to celebrate the #PowerofRural – 2019 was no exception! Check out the new fact sheet that highlights the impact of National Rural Health Day 2019 at the local, state and national level: National Rural Health Day Impact Fact Sheet
The National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH) is pleased to announce that it will collaborate again with Walk with a Doc for National Rural Health Day 2018!