Worker Protection Standard
and Agricultural Safety and Health
Farm Worker Protection Safety Program
The Pennsylvania Rural Health Farm Worker Protection Safety Program provides technical and compliance assistance to agricultural producers and their employees in understanding and complying with the requirements of the Federal Environmental Protection Agency Worker Protection Standard. Links to university-based, state, and national agricultural safety and health programs are available.
The goal of the program is to address the needs of all farm workers, with a special focus on migrant farm workers and Anabaptist populations.
EPA Worker Protection Standard Technical and Compliance Assistance
This state-funded program is:
- Designed to help growers, farm workers, and farm worker advocates gain an understanding of, and comply with, the federal Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Worker Protection Standard (WPS)
- Managed by the Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health in collaboration with the Penn State Pesticide Education Program
- Funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Plant Industry
We help by:
- Providing Worker Protection Standard (WPS) training to growers and their employees
- Offering handler and worker WPS training
- Conducting farm WPS evaluations to help growers comply with the WPS standard
- Assisting growers’ groups with their concerns
Rural Health Farm Worker Protection Safety Specialist
118 Keller Building
University Park, Pennsylvania 16802
Worker Protection Standard and Agricultural Safety and Health Events
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under Agricultural Safety and Health. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.