- HRSA: Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection: Public Comment Request; Information Collection Request Title: COVID-19 Provider Relief Fund Reporting Activities, OMB No. 0906-XXXX New
- HRSA Announces Major Effort to Strengthen and Expand Community-Based Residency Programs in Rural and Underserved Communities
- The Pace of New Rural Vaccinations Slows by 30%
- SAMHSA Releases Tribal Behavioral Health Grants Totaling $7 Million to Provide Support to Native American Communities
- Biden-Harris Administration Provides $100 Million to Rural Health Clinics for COVID-19 Vaccine Outreach in Their Communities to Increase Vaccinations
- Biden Administration to Invest More Than $1.6 Billion to Support COVID-19 Testing and Mitigation in Vulnerable Communities
- Utah Leads Nation in Increase in Rural Vaccinations; Mississippi Moves up Slightly in Rankings
- CMS Proposes Rule to Increase Price Transparency, Access to Care, Safety & Health Equity
- OMB: 2020 Standards for Delineating Core Based Statistical Areas
- Health Advocacy Summit 2021
- HHS Announces $103 Million from American Rescue Plan to Strengthen Resiliency and Address Burnout in the Health Workforce
- Biden-Harris Administration Provides Nearly $144 Million in American Rescue Plan Funds to Support COVID-19 Response Efforts in Underserved Communities
- Rural Vaccination Rate Inches up to 34.8% of Population
- Rate of Rural Infections Climbs by 25% for the Week
- Child Drowning Deaths Decline, but Disparities Remain
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has shared a new resource from the Division for Heart Disease and Stroke Prevention. The Local Trends in Heart Disease and Stroke Mortality report provides detailed maps and graphics documenting county-level heart disease and stroke mortality and trends within each state. The report includes data for most counties in all states, including the most rural. This report can be used to enhance and inform cardiovascular disease prevention and treatment programs and policies.
For each state, the Local Trends in Heart Disease and Stroke Mortality report includes:
- County-level maps of death rates for coronary heart disease (CHD) and stroke
- County-level maps of trends in CHD and stroke death rates
- Figures depicting comparisons of county-level death rates and historical trends for CHD & stroke
- All graphics are presented by age group (ages 35-64; ages 65 and older)
- A CSV file containing all data used to make the report.
The Local Trends in Heart Disease and Stroke Mortality report for each state, along with the underlying dataset, is available by request. To get the report, please contact Adam Vaughan at email@example.com. Additionally, the data are available on chronicdata.cdc.gov.