The Remote Identity Proofing (RIDP) process for CMS Portal accounts will be changing this coming August. Beginning August 15th, 2023, you will be required to provide your personal information for verification, including your social security number which in the past was optional.
What data will be required from users during the Remote Identity Proofing (RIDP) process?
- Users will need to submit the following personal information for verification:
- Social security number (required),
- Full legal name (First name, last name, no nicknames)
- Current home residence
- Primary phone number (mobile preferred)
- Personal email address
Business information will not be able to be used to identity proof of an individual
Who is impacted by this?
- New users who are creating a CMS Portal account for the first time and requesting a role (MLMS, Salesforce, etc.)
- Existing CMS Portal account user requesting a new role
If you have questions about your account or the process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.