It’s worth your time to apply. This NHSC loan repayment option has a higher acceptance rate than others because of its exclusive availability to a small cohort.
Start your application today.
The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Students to Service Loan Repayment Program (S2S LRP) application has been extended and will now close on Thursday, November 21 at 7:30 p.m. ET. Read the Application and Program Guidance (PDF-1.2 MB) carefully before you start your application.
About the Program: S2S LRP provides up to $120,000 in tax-free student loan repayment to medical (MD and DO) or dental (DDS or DMD) students in their final year of school.
- You commit to provide primary health care at an approved NHSC site in a Health Professional Shortage Area of greatest need after graduating.
- Service commitment is full-time for at least 3 years or part-time for 6 years.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or national and enrolled in an eligible medical or dental degree program at a U.S. accredited school.
- Installments are paid to you annually in a lump sum. When applied to qualified health professional student loans, these can significantly lower your overall student debt by reducing accrued interest.
- You may continue service through the NHSC Loan Repayment Program and could potentially pay off all of your educational debt.
- Application and Program Guidance (PDF-1.2 MB)
- Fact Sheet (PDF-190 KB)
- Search for NHSC-approved sites on the Health Workforce Connector