The Pennsylvania Department of Health has released it’s 2020-2023 Strategic Plan. A tremendous effort went into creating this strategic plan, from community partners and employee surveys to workshops, interviews, and data analysis. This plan is the Department’s roadmap for pursuing the greatest public health challenges faced by Pennsylvanians and illustrates their commitment to health equity, collaboration, continuous quality improvement and evidence-based decision making. The Department will build upon the great work already being done to promote healthy behaviors, prevent injury and disease, and to assure the safe delivery of quality health care for all people in Pennsylvania.
This plan sets the course to achieve five overarching strategies that we will work toward accomplishing over the next three years:
- Maintain and enhance emergency services and public health preparedness
- Continually develop our talents to significantly advance public health in PA
- Promote public health with awareness, prevention, and improvement of outcomes where the need is greatest
- Use data, measures, and technology to enable public health performance
- Improve staff, customer and partner experience with consistent, efficient and effective services and work processes