Health care workers who are exposed to needles, for example, while administering vaccines, are at risk of sharps injury and exposure to bloodborne pathogens. NIOSH and our partners have many resources on how to keep health care workers safe. This includes information on how to reduce sharps injuries and what to do if you have a sharps injury.
We hope the resources below are useful. We encourage you to share this information with other health care personnel at risk for sharps injuries.
- Ensuring the Proper PPE when Administering COVID-19 Vaccine
- Preparing Your Practice for COVID-19 Vaccination
- Preventing Needlesticks in Health Care Settings (Also Available in Spanish)
- Preventing Needlesticks and Sharps Injuries
- Stop Sticks Campaign
- What Every Worker Should Know: How to Protect Yourself From Needlestick Injuries (Also Available in Spanish)