HHS issued an update on the reporting of CARES Act/Provider Relief Fund distributions. The following is an excerpt from the guidance attached and available at www.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/….
The purpose of this notice is to inform Provider Relief Fund (PRF) recipients that received one or more payments exceeding $10,000 in the aggregate from the PRF of the timing of future reporting requirements. Detailed instructions regarding these reports will be released by August 17, 2020.
These reporting instructions will provide directions on reporting obligations applicable to any provider that received a payment from the following CARES Act/PRF distributions.
- Initial Medicare Distribution
- Additional Medicare Distribution
- Medicaid, Dental & CHIP Distribution
- High Impact Area Distribution
- Rural Distribution
- Skilled Nursing Facilities Distribution
- Indian Health Service Distribution
- Safety Net Hospital Distribution
Notice on Timing of Reports:
The reporting system will become available to recipients for reporting on October 1, 2020.
- All recipients must report within 45 days of the end of calendar year 2020 on their expenditures through the period ending December 31, 2020.
Recipients who have expended funds in full prior to December 31, 2020 may submit a single final report at any time during the window that begins October 1, 2020, but no later than February 15, 2021.
- Recipients with funds unexpended after December 31, 2020, must submit a second and final report no later than July 31, 2021.
- Detailed PRF reporting instructions and a data collection template with the necessary data elements will be available through the HRSA website by August 17, 2020.