Medicare Open Enrollment is approaching, October 15. In preparation, materials are being released to be shared with consumers, colleagues and others who may assist Medicare consumers.
- The attached Press Releases announce the Medicare Advantage landscape.
- The Medicare Health & Drug Plan Finder will be updated with the 2023 Medicare health and prescription drug plan information on October 1, 2022. 1-800-MEDICARE is also available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide help in English and Spanish as well as language support in over 200 languages. People who want to keep their current Medicare coverage do not need to re-enroll.
- To help with their Medicare costs, low-income seniors and adults with disabilities may qualify to receive financial assistance from the Medicare Savings Programs (MSPs). The MSPs help pay Medicare premiums and may also pay Medicare deductibles, coinsurance and copayments if people meet the conditions of eligibility. Enrolling in an MSP offers relief from these Medicare costs, allowing people to spend that money on other necessities like food, housing or transportation. Individuals interested in learning more can visit here.
- To view the premiums and costs of 2023 Medicare Advantage and Part D plans, please visit: https://www.cms.gov/medicare/prescription-drug-coverage/prescriptiondrugcovgenin
Select the various 2023 landscape source files in the downloads section of the webpage.
- For state-by-state information, important dates and enrollment resources for Medicare Advantage and Part D in 2023, please visit: https://www.cms.gov/files/document/2023-medicare-advantage-and-part-d-state-state-fact-sheets.pdf
- For more information on the Medicare Advantage Value-Based Insurance Design Model, including plan participation, please visit: https://innovation.cms.gov/innovation-models/vbid.
- During Open Enrollment, people with Medicare who take insulin are encouraged to call 1-800-MEDICARE or contact their State Health Insurance Assistance Programs (https://www.shiphelp.org/) for help comparing plans and costs this year.
Shareable Social Media, Videos, TV & Radio Ads will be placed in the CMS Medicare Open Enrollment website located HERE.