The Rural Health and Safety Education Competitive Grants Program (RHSE) program supports quality of life in rural communities across the United States by addressing the relationship between rural prosperity and rural health; and safety in the context of food, agriculture, natural resources, and human sciences. RHSE program proposals are expected to be community-based outreach education programs, such as those conducted through Human Science extension outreach that provide individuals and families with:
- Information as to the value of good health at any age
- Information to increase individual or family’s motivation to take more responsibility for their own health
- Information regarding rural environmental health issues that directly impact human health
- Information about and access to health promotion and educational activities
- Training for volunteers and health services providers concerning health promotion and health care services for individuals and families in cooperation with state, local, and community partners.
For more information, read the RHSE funding opportunity.