The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has released a draft Viral Hepatitis National Strategic Plan: 2021-2025, which will serve as a roadmap to hepatitis elimination. The plan is available for public comment until Oct. 8, 2020 at 5:00 pm. The plan provides a framework to eliminate viral hepatitis as a public health threat to the U.S. and features five primary goals:
- Prevent New Hepatitis Infections
- Improve Viral Hepatitis-Related Health Outcome of People with Viral Hepatitis
- Reduce Viral Hepatitis-Related Disparities and Health Inequities
- Improve Viral Hepatitis Surveillance and Data Usage
- Achieve Integrated, Coordinated Efforts that Address the Viral Hepatitis Epidemics Among All Partners and Stakeholders
HHS is looking for input on whether the plan’s goals, objectives and strategies appropriately address the viral hepatitis epidemic and whether there are any critical gaps. Comments can be submitted to Hepatitis Plan Comments. Click here to read the whole plan.