Moderna bivalent COVID-19 vaccine for children under six is available for ordering through the Health Center COVID-19 Vaccine Program. However, due to limited availability nationwide, Pfizer-BioNTech bivalent COVID-19 vaccine for children under five is not available for ordering. A new supply of Novavax is now available to order, with a cap of 100 doses per site and an expiration date of April 30. A few important reminders:
- The monovalent formulation of COVID-19 vaccine products is authorized for the primary series only. Please order only what you anticipate using over the next 7-10 days and track your supplies to assess the need and adjust current ordering patterns to avoid stockpiling.
- Moderna has recently expanded expiration dates for the monovalent vaccine for children under six. Always check the Pfizer BioNTech and Moderna expiry dates for the products in your inventory before wasting them.
- The Emergency Use Authorization (EUA)-labeled Pfizer adult (12+) monovalent vaccine is no longer available to order. Health centers requiring the Pfizer adult (12+) monovalent vaccine should order the Biologics License Application (BLA)-labeled (COMIRNATY) product (NDC 00069-2025-10).
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) released a fact sheet for single-dose vials of the updated Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines for people 12 years and older.
- ASPR updated the Federal Response to COVID-19: Therapeutics Clinical Implementation Guide, a comprehensive review of available COVID-19 therapeutic treatment options and key prescribing, implementing, and administering information.