- Traveling Nurses Help Rural Hospital Staffing Issues, But at a Cost
- Rural Americans Share Personal Stories to Inspire Confidence in COVID-19 Vaccines in Local Communities and Nationwide
- Study Finds Family Physicians Deliver Babies in Majority of Rural Hospitals
- State of Decay: Rural Areas in America Are at a Tooth Loss
- Rural Covid Infections Decline for Third Straight Week
- Rural U.S. Hospitals Stretched Thin After Nurse Shortage Exacerbated by the Pandemic
- New Vaccinations in Rural Counties Decline for Second Week
- CMS Clarifies Medicare Recognition of Interstate Licensure Compacts
- Making History, Despite History: The First Tribally Affiliated Med School Takes Flight in Oklahoma
- COVID-19 Cases and Deaths by Race/Ethnicity: Current Data and Changes Over Time
- The Surge of Telehealth During the Pandemic is Exacerbating Urban-Rural Disparities in Access to Mental Health Care
- Rural Infections Decline by 20%; Number of Covid Deaths Falls Slightly
- Rate of New Vaccinations Falls by 20%
- Telehealth has Rapidly Expanded. But Companies are Still Struggling to Reach Rural Populations
- Covid Is Killing Rural Americans at Twice the Rate of Urbanites
The Pennsylvania Coalition for Oral Health has announced the second round of their 2018 mini-grant program. Funds will be disbursed to groups who can demonstrate achievements in alignment with the 2017-2020 Oral Health Plan draft. The deadline to apply is September 28, 2018. Program information and application is available here.
Clinics often have specific protocols for on-boarding new providers and staff. As your clinic is participating in MORE Care, there is additional material to cover. Reviewing the past 6-18 months can be overwhelming. Let us help!
If your clinic has welcomed a new provider or staff member, please contact Kelly Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org. Not only would we like to ensure that your new team member is on our e-mail list, but we also would like to help introduce your new team member to MORE Care. Also, don’t forget that Smiles For Life offers a free, online curriculum on oral health. We recommend courses 1, 2, and 6 for new providers. Smiles for Life can be accessed here.
Micah Gursky, Rural Health Clinic Administrator at St. Luke’s Miners, presented his clinic’s MORE Care experiences to the St. Luke’s Miners Hospital Performance Improvement (PI) Council on September 12. Micah recapped the team’s progress within the learning collaborative and discussed the health system’s plans to continue to expand on their work with oral health integration and coordination.
As part of their Fall for Smiles campaign, Oral Health America has released a one-page sheet that includes oral health tips for the entire family! You might find this page helpful as you review self-management goals with your patients. To access the Fall for Smiles Oral Health Tip Sheet, click here.
The Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health is excited to announce the launch of their new website!
On September 4, 2018, St. Luke’s Miners welcomed a new RHC to their family! St. Luke’s Miners Health Center-Ringtown has joined the MORE Care family! Their staff attended Healthy Teeth, Healthy Children and MORE Care presentations in preparation for the clinic’s opening. As the health center in Ringtown begins welcoming new patients, oral health will be integrated into patient visits. Welcome, Ringtown!