- HRSA: Agency Information Collection Activities: Proposed Collection: Public Comment Request; Information Collection Request Title: COVID-19 Provider Relief Fund Reporting Activities, OMB No. 0906-XXXX New
- HRSA Announces Major Effort to Strengthen and Expand Community-Based Residency Programs in Rural and Underserved Communities
- The Pace of New Rural Vaccinations Slows by 30%
- SAMHSA Releases Tribal Behavioral Health Grants Totaling $7 Million to Provide Support to Native American Communities
- Biden-Harris Administration Provides $100 Million to Rural Health Clinics for COVID-19 Vaccine Outreach in Their Communities to Increase Vaccinations
- Biden Administration to Invest More Than $1.6 Billion to Support COVID-19 Testing and Mitigation in Vulnerable Communities
- Utah Leads Nation in Increase in Rural Vaccinations; Mississippi Moves up Slightly in Rankings
- CMS Proposes Rule to Increase Price Transparency, Access to Care, Safety & Health Equity
- OMB: 2020 Standards for Delineating Core Based Statistical Areas
- Health Advocacy Summit 2021
- HHS Announces $103 Million from American Rescue Plan to Strengthen Resiliency and Address Burnout in the Health Workforce
- Biden-Harris Administration Provides Nearly $144 Million in American Rescue Plan Funds to Support COVID-19 Response Efforts in Underserved Communities
- Rural Vaccination Rate Inches up to 34.8% of Population
- Rate of Rural Infections Climbs by 25% for the Week
- Child Drowning Deaths Decline, but Disparities Remain
The Pennsylvania Coalition for Oral Health has announced the second round of their 2018 mini-grant program. Funds will be disbursed to groups who can demonstrate achievements in alignment with the 2017-2020 Oral Health Plan draft. The deadline to apply is September 28, 2018. Program information and application is available here.
Clinics often have specific protocols for on-boarding new providers and staff. As your clinic is participating in MORE Care, there is additional material to cover. Reviewing the past 6-18 months can be overwhelming. Let us help!
If your clinic has welcomed a new provider or staff member, please contact Kelly Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org. Not only would we like to ensure that your new team member is on our e-mail list, but we also would like to help introduce your new team member to MORE Care. Also, don’t forget that Smiles For Life offers a free, online curriculum on oral health. We recommend courses 1, 2, and 6 for new providers. Smiles for Life can be accessed here.
Micah Gursky, Rural Health Clinic Administrator at St. Luke’s Miners, presented his clinic’s MORE Care experiences to the St. Luke’s Miners Hospital Performance Improvement (PI) Council on September 12. Micah recapped the team’s progress within the learning collaborative and discussed the health system’s plans to continue to expand on their work with oral health integration and coordination.
As part of their Fall for Smiles campaign, Oral Health America has released a one-page sheet that includes oral health tips for the entire family! You might find this page helpful as you review self-management goals with your patients. To access the Fall for Smiles Oral Health Tip Sheet, click here.
The Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health is excited to announce the launch of their new website!
On September 4, 2018, St. Luke’s Miners welcomed a new RHC to their family! St. Luke’s Miners Health Center-Ringtown has joined the MORE Care family! Their staff attended Healthy Teeth, Healthy Children and MORE Care presentations in preparation for the clinic’s opening. As the health center in Ringtown begins welcoming new patients, oral health will be integrated into patient visits. Welcome, Ringtown!