- Health Care Providers Try Novel Ways to Get Shots in Arms of Rural Residents
- New COVID-19 Cases Drop by 5% in Rural Counties While Urban Areas See a 15% Drop
- Why Lagging COVID Vaccine Rate at Rural Hospitals 'Needs to Be Fixed Now'
- HHS Announces Nearly $1 Billion from American Rescue Plan for Rural COVID-19 Response
- HHS Announces $250 Million from American Rescue Plan to Develop and Support a Community-Based Workforce to Increase COVID-19 Vaccinations in Underserved Communities
- Farm Bureau Launches Farm State of Mind Resource Directory to Support Mental Health Month
- Finding a Doctor Is Tough and Getting Tougher in Rural America
- HHS Launches New Reimbursement Program for COVID-19 Vaccine Administration Fees Not Covered by Insurance
- Top Critical Access Hospitals Announced
- 2021 National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Three Loan Repayment Programs Deadline Extended to May 27
- FCC Now Accepting Applications for Round 2 of COVID-19 Telehealth Program
- HHS Awards Over $32 Million in American Rescue Plan Funding to Expand COVID-19 Training and Support for Health Centers
- Public Inspection: CMS: Medicare Program: Hospital Inpatient Prospective Payment Systems for Acute Care Hospitals and the Long Term Care Hospital Prospective Payment System and Proposed Policy Changes and Fiscal Year 2022 Rates; Quality Programs and Medicare Promoting Interoperability Program Requirements for Eligible Hospitals and Critical Access Hospitals; Proposed Changes to Medicaid Provider Enrollment; and Proposed Changes to the Medicare Shared Savings Program
- Public Inspection: CMS: Medicare Program: Modification of Limitations on Redesignation by the Medicare Geographic Classification Review Board
- Fully Vaccinated Adults 65 and Older Are 94% Less Likely to Be Hospitalized with COVID-19
The Pennsylvania Coalition for Oral Health has announced the second round of their 2018 mini-grant program. Funds will be disbursed to groups who can demonstrate achievements in alignment with the 2017-2020 Oral Health Plan draft. The deadline to apply is September 28, 2018. Program information and application is available here.
Clinics often have specific protocols for on-boarding new providers and staff. As your clinic is participating in MORE Care, there is additional material to cover. Reviewing the past 6-18 months can be overwhelming. Let us help!
If your clinic has welcomed a new provider or staff member, please contact Kelly Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org. Not only would we like to ensure that your new team member is on our e-mail list, but we also would like to help introduce your new team member to MORE Care. Also, don’t forget that Smiles For Life offers a free, online curriculum on oral health. We recommend courses 1, 2, and 6 for new providers. Smiles for Life can be accessed here.
Micah Gursky, Rural Health Clinic Administrator at St. Luke’s Miners, presented his clinic’s MORE Care experiences to the St. Luke’s Miners Hospital Performance Improvement (PI) Council on September 12. Micah recapped the team’s progress within the learning collaborative and discussed the health system’s plans to continue to expand on their work with oral health integration and coordination.
As part of their Fall for Smiles campaign, Oral Health America has released a one-page sheet that includes oral health tips for the entire family! You might find this page helpful as you review self-management goals with your patients. To access the Fall for Smiles Oral Health Tip Sheet, click here.
The Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health is excited to announce the launch of their new website!
On September 4, 2018, St. Luke’s Miners welcomed a new RHC to their family! St. Luke’s Miners Health Center-Ringtown has joined the MORE Care family! Their staff attended Healthy Teeth, Healthy Children and MORE Care presentations in preparation for the clinic’s opening. As the health center in Ringtown begins welcoming new patients, oral health will be integrated into patient visits. Welcome, Ringtown!