- Call for Experts! Standing Committee on Primary Care
- The Golden Hour: Medical Trauma in Rural Areas
- FORHP Staff Finalists for Service to America Medals
- Miles-Long Trains Are Blocking First Responders When Every Minute Counts
- Arizona AHEC: Filling a Need for Health Care Professionals
- OSU Launches First-of-its-kind Athletic Training - Sports Medicine ECHO
- Rural Hospitals Struggle With Staffing Shortage, and Not Just Doctors
- HHS Announces Over $65 Million to Address the Maternal Health Crisis and Invest in New Approaches to Care
- 8 Questions About Proposed Changes to Rural Floor Wage Index
- Collins, Cortez-Masto Lead Bipartisan Bill Protecting Rural Ambulance Services
- Baldwin, Ernst Lead Bipartisan Bill to Bolster Mental Health Resources for Farmers, Rural Communities
- Manchin, Ernst, Shaheen, Moran Reintroduce Bipartisan Bill to Make Rural, Underserved Telehealth Flexibilities Permanent
- Rural Health Clinics with 'Head-to-Toe and Womb-to-Tomb' Care
- Sen. Marshall Fights for Broadband Access in Rural Communities
- Why Health Care Is Harder to Access in Rural America
News from Our State
The Pennsylvania Coalition for Oral Health has announced the second round of their 2018 mini-grant program. Funds will be disbursed to groups who can demonstrate achievements in alignment with the 2017-2020 Oral Health Plan draft. The deadline to apply is September 28, 2018. Program information and application is available here.
Welcoming New Providers and Staff to Your RHC
Clinics often have specific protocols for on-boarding new providers and staff. As your clinic is participating in MORE Care, there is additional material to cover. Reviewing the past 6-18 months can be overwhelming. Let us help!
If your clinic has welcomed a new provider or staff member, please contact Kelly Braun at email@example.com. Not only would we like to ensure that your new team member is on our e-mail list, but we also would like to help introduce your new team member to MORE Care. Also, don’t forget that Smiles For Life offers a free, online curriculum on oral health. We recommend courses 1, 2, and 6 for new providers. Smiles for Life can be accessed here.
RHC Administrator Presents Clinic’s MORE Care Journey
Micah Gursky, Rural Health Clinic Administrator at St. Luke’s Miners, presented his clinic’s MORE Care experiences to the St. Luke’s Miners Hospital Performance Improvement (PI) Council on September 12. Micah recapped the team’s progress within the learning collaborative and discussed the health system’s plans to continue to expand on their work with oral health integration and coordination.
Fall for Smiles!
As part of their Fall for Smiles campaign, Oral Health America has released a one-page sheet that includes oral health tips for the entire family! You might find this page helpful as you review self-management goals with your patients. To access the Fall for Smiles Oral Health Tip Sheet, click here.
Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health Launches New Website!
The Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health is excited to announce the launch of their new website!
Continue reading “Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health Launches New Website!”
On September 4, 2018, St. Luke’s Miners welcomed a new RHC to their family! St. Luke’s Miners Health Center-Ringtown has joined the MORE Care family! Their staff attended Healthy Teeth, Healthy Children and MORE Care presentations in preparation for the clinic’s opening. As the health center in Ringtown begins welcoming new patients, oral health will be integrated into patient visits. Welcome, Ringtown!