- In the Columbia River Gorge, a Local Program Adapts to Serve the Community Through COVID-19
- Nine out of 10 Rural Counties Are in the COVID-19 Red Zone
- COVID in North Dakota: One Day Inside a Rural US Hospital's Fight
- HHS Administrator Seema Verma's Rural Open Door Forum Speech
- Report: 20% of COVID-19 Patients Develop Mental Health Issues
- Celebrating State Innovations on National Rural Health Day 2020
- The 4 Lessons I Learned While Striving to Preserve and Increase Access to Care in Rural Communities
- States Are Getting Ready to Distribute COVID-19 Vaccines. What Do Their Plans Tell Us So Far?
- Five Ways VA Supports Rural Veterans During COVID-19
- New Rural COVID Infections Top 195,000 in One Week
- Improving Access to Maternal Care in Rural Communities
- Colleges Probably Stoked Pandemic in the Upper Midwest, Epidemiologists Say
- Supporting Rural Health and Human Services: Celebrating National Rural Health Day November 19, 2020
- Rural Faith Leaders Workshop Series: Empowering Faith Leaders to Help Persons with Substance Use Disorder
- Rural Hospitals Brace for Increased Coronavirus Cases
The Pennsylvania Coalition for Oral Health has announced the second round of their 2018 mini-grant program. Funds will be disbursed to groups who can demonstrate achievements in alignment with the 2017-2020 Oral Health Plan draft. The deadline to apply is September 28, 2018. Program information and application is available here.
Clinics often have specific protocols for on-boarding new providers and staff. As your clinic is participating in MORE Care, there is additional material to cover. Reviewing the past 6-18 months can be overwhelming. Let us help!
If your clinic has welcomed a new provider or staff member, please contact Kelly Braun at email@example.com. Not only would we like to ensure that your new team member is on our e-mail list, but we also would like to help introduce your new team member to MORE Care. Also, don’t forget that Smiles For Life offers a free, online curriculum on oral health. We recommend courses 1, 2, and 6 for new providers. Smiles for Life can be accessed here.
Micah Gursky, Rural Health Clinic Administrator at St. Luke’s Miners, presented his clinic’s MORE Care experiences to the St. Luke’s Miners Hospital Performance Improvement (PI) Council on September 12. Micah recapped the team’s progress within the learning collaborative and discussed the health system’s plans to continue to expand on their work with oral health integration and coordination.
As part of their Fall for Smiles campaign, Oral Health America has released a one-page sheet that includes oral health tips for the entire family! You might find this page helpful as you review self-management goals with your patients. To access the Fall for Smiles Oral Health Tip Sheet, click here.
The Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health is excited to announce the launch of their new website!
On September 4, 2018, St. Luke’s Miners welcomed a new RHC to their family! St. Luke’s Miners Health Center-Ringtown has joined the MORE Care family! Their staff attended Healthy Teeth, Healthy Children and MORE Care presentations in preparation for the clinic’s opening. As the health center in Ringtown begins welcoming new patients, oral health will be integrated into patient visits. Welcome, Ringtown!