- Call for Nominations: Rural Telehealth and Healthcare System Readiness Committee
- Addiction Doctor: Rural Residents Should Get Naloxone, Just in Case
- Rebuilding the Foundation of Rural Community Health after COVID-19
- HRSA: Revised Geographic Eligibility for Federal Office of Rural Health Policy Grants
- CMS Announces New Federal Funding for 33 States to Support Transitioning Individuals from Nursing Homes to the Community
- Administration Announces $200 Million from CDC to Jurisdictions for COVID-19 Vaccine Preparedness
- Red-Zone Report: New Rural Infections Jump 30% in Last Week
- America's 200,000 COVID-19 Deaths: Small Cities and Towns Bear a Growing Share
- Rural Hospitals Without Obstetrics Units Worry About Emergency Births
- Trump Administration Invests $268 Million in Rural Water and Wastewater Infrastructure Improvements in 28 States
- How the Pandemic Forced Mental Health Care to Change for the Better
- CMS Announces New Guidance for Safe Visitation in Nursing Homes During COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- Rural 'Red-Zone' List Shortens Significantly for First Time in Two Months
- Trump Administration Releases COVID-19 Vaccine Distribution Strategy
- COVID Exodus Fills Vacation Towns with New Medical Pressures
The Pennsylvania Coalition for Oral Health has announced the second round of their 2018 mini-grant program. Funds will be disbursed to groups who can demonstrate achievements in alignment with the 2017-2020 Oral Health Plan draft. The deadline to apply is September 28, 2018. Program information and application is available here.
Clinics often have specific protocols for on-boarding new providers and staff. As your clinic is participating in MORE Care, there is additional material to cover. Reviewing the past 6-18 months can be overwhelming. Let us help!
If your clinic has welcomed a new provider or staff member, please contact Kelly Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org. Not only would we like to ensure that your new team member is on our e-mail list, but we also would like to help introduce your new team member to MORE Care. Also, don’t forget that Smiles For Life offers a free, online curriculum on oral health. We recommend courses 1, 2, and 6 for new providers. Smiles for Life can be accessed here.
Micah Gursky, Rural Health Clinic Administrator at St. Luke’s Miners, presented his clinic’s MORE Care experiences to the St. Luke’s Miners Hospital Performance Improvement (PI) Council on September 12. Micah recapped the team’s progress within the learning collaborative and discussed the health system’s plans to continue to expand on their work with oral health integration and coordination.
As part of their Fall for Smiles campaign, Oral Health America has released a one-page sheet that includes oral health tips for the entire family! You might find this page helpful as you review self-management goals with your patients. To access the Fall for Smiles Oral Health Tip Sheet, click here.
The Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health is excited to announce the launch of their new website!
On September 4, 2018, St. Luke’s Miners welcomed a new RHC to their family! St. Luke’s Miners Health Center-Ringtown has joined the MORE Care family! Their staff attended Healthy Teeth, Healthy Children and MORE Care presentations in preparation for the clinic’s opening. As the health center in Ringtown begins welcoming new patients, oral health will be integrated into patient visits. Welcome, Ringtown!