- KFF COVID-19 Vaccine Monitor: February 2021
- USDA Invites Comments on Final Rule to Expand Broadband Access in Rural America Under the ReConnect Program
- USDA Invests $42 Million in Distance Learning and Telemedicine Infrastructure to Improve Education and Health Outcomes
- Rural Death Rate from COVID-19 Falls by a Third
- Data-Driven Initiative Drives Down Disparities in Rural Health Care
- To Vaccinate Veterans, Health Care Workers Must Cross Mountains, Plains and Tundra
- Report: 10 Western States See Some Drug Overdoses Deaths Increase by Nearly 100%
- COVID-19 Is Pushing Struggling Rural Hospitals to the Brink
- COVID-19 Converges with the Opioid Epidemic: Challenges for Pregnant and Postpartum Women with Opioid Use Disorder
- Rural Hospital Remains Entrenched in COVID 'War' Even Amid Vaccine Rollout
- USDA Implements Immediate Measures to Help Rural Residents, Businesses and Communities Affected by COVID-19
- Biden Administration Announces Actions to Expand COVID-19 Testing
- Expanding Testing on Reservations
- Rural COVID-19 Cases Drop While Rural Death Rate Holds Steady
- 2021 Special Enrollment Period for Marketplace Coverage Starts on HealthCare.gov Monday, February 15
The Pennsylvania Coalition for Oral Health has announced the second round of their 2018 mini-grant program. Funds will be disbursed to groups who can demonstrate achievements in alignment with the 2017-2020 Oral Health Plan draft. The deadline to apply is September 28, 2018. Program information and application is available here.
Clinics often have specific protocols for on-boarding new providers and staff. As your clinic is participating in MORE Care, there is additional material to cover. Reviewing the past 6-18 months can be overwhelming. Let us help!
If your clinic has welcomed a new provider or staff member, please contact Kelly Braun at firstname.lastname@example.org. Not only would we like to ensure that your new team member is on our e-mail list, but we also would like to help introduce your new team member to MORE Care. Also, don’t forget that Smiles For Life offers a free, online curriculum on oral health. We recommend courses 1, 2, and 6 for new providers. Smiles for Life can be accessed here.
Micah Gursky, Rural Health Clinic Administrator at St. Luke’s Miners, presented his clinic’s MORE Care experiences to the St. Luke’s Miners Hospital Performance Improvement (PI) Council on September 12. Micah recapped the team’s progress within the learning collaborative and discussed the health system’s plans to continue to expand on their work with oral health integration and coordination.
As part of their Fall for Smiles campaign, Oral Health America has released a one-page sheet that includes oral health tips for the entire family! You might find this page helpful as you review self-management goals with your patients. To access the Fall for Smiles Oral Health Tip Sheet, click here.
The Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health is excited to announce the launch of their new website!
On September 4, 2018, St. Luke’s Miners welcomed a new RHC to their family! St. Luke’s Miners Health Center-Ringtown has joined the MORE Care family! Their staff attended Healthy Teeth, Healthy Children and MORE Care presentations in preparation for the clinic’s opening. As the health center in Ringtown begins welcoming new patients, oral health will be integrated into patient visits. Welcome, Ringtown!