- USDA Launches Resource Guide to Help Rural Communities Seeking Disaster Resiliency and Recovery Assistance
- Rural Infections Drop by 5%; Death Rate Continues to Rise
- Rural COVID-Death Rate Twice as High as Urban One
- Rural Hospitals Losing Hundreds of Staff to High-Paid Traveling Nurse Jobs
- Latest Job Count Shows Counties Struggling to Get Back to Pre-Pandemic Employment
- Community Health Access and Rural Transformation (CHART) Model Announces Award Recipients
- Pace of New Vaccinations Drops Slightly in Both Rural and Metro Counties
- HHS Announces the Availability of $25.5 Billion in COVID-19 Provider Funding
- Rural Cases Increase for 10th Week While Metro Numbers Decline
- Nearly 80% of Rural Farming-Dependent Counties Lost Population in Last Decade
- Rural Counties Report Faster Vaccination Pace for Fourth Consecutive Week
- Rural Population Declines Slightly over Last Decade, Census Shows
- CDC Announces More Than $300 Million in Funding to Support Community Health Workers
- Rural Hospitals Can't Find the Nurses They Need to Fight COVID
- Rural Infection Rate Exceeds Metro Rate by a Third
HHS is working to support safe school reopening for students, teachers and staff. In support of this, HHS is providing up to 125 million cloth face masks to states and territories for distribution to schools. The Administration intends for these masks to support students, teachers and staff in public and private schools that are reopening – with an emphasis on students who are low-income (or otherwise with high needs) and schools providing in-person instruction.
These masks will be allocated according to the share of students from low-income families in each state. The cloth face masks will be distributed in two shipments, starting in early September 2020.
Pennsylvania Census Completion Map for August 2020
- A recent article by NPR highlights how changes to operational timelines may limit the ability for the U.S. Census Bureau to adequately review the data, possibly affecting the data’s accuracy.
- The U.S. Census Bureau announced a new survey, the 2020 Census User Experience Survey, which will measure how satisfied respondents were with their experience using the online questionnaire.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau’s daily 2020 Census housing unit completion rates, over 73% of housing units have been accounted for in the 2020 Census.
- The U.S. Census Bureau recently released a presentation providing updates for their operational planning and how the Bureau is adapting operations to ensure a complete and accurate count by December 31, 2020.
- Follow response rates to the 2020 Census with the U.S. Census Bureau’s Response Rates page. Or check out the Hard To Count 2020 tool created by SUNY’s Center for Urban Research which has a variety of other useful data in addition to response rates.
- Avoid fraud and scams related to the 2020 Census by reviewing these tips from the U.S. Census Bureau.