Rural Hospital and
Improving Quality, Financial
Performance, and Operations
PORH administers the federal Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility Program (Flex) in Pennsylvania, which assists the state’s smallest rural hospitals (Critical Access Hospitals) with improving quality, financial performance, and operations, as well as providing support for healthsystem development and community engagement.
PORH also administers the federal Small Rural Hospital Improvement Program (SHIP), which provides support to the state’s small rural hospitals with activities related to quality improvement and investments towards meaningful use of health information technology.
New Future of Rural Healthcare | Strategies for Success
Eric Shell, CPA and MBA, presented “New Future of Rural Healthcare | Strategies for Success,” at Pennsylvania State University in Sept. 2018.
Rural Hospital Toolkit for Transitioning to Value-based Systems
With the support of the Federal Office of Rural Health Policy, The Rural Hospital Toolkit for Transitioning to Value-based Systems (Toolkit) was developed to disseminate consultant-recommended best practices and transition strategies identified through the Small Rural Hospital Transition (SRHT) Project. The Toolkit shares best practices for improving financial, operational and quality performance to position rural hospitals and networks for the future. It also outlines strategies for transitioning to value-based purchasing and population health. Rural providers and leaders should use the Toolkit to identify performance improvement opportunities for their hospitals and networks, and develop strategies for successfully transitioning to population health.
- Self-assessment for Transition Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Leadership: Board, Employee and Community Engagement
- Physician and Provider Engagement and Alignment
- Population Health Management
- Financial and Operational Strategies
- Revenue Cycle Management and Business Office (BO) Processes
- Quality Improvement
- Community Care Coordination and Chronic Disease Management
Hospital and Healthsystem Initiatives Calendar of Events
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under Hospital and Health System Initiatives. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.