The Office of the State Fire Commissioner: Fire Co and EMS Grant Program is now Open
The PA Office of the State Fire Commissioner
October 20, 2023
The PA Office of the State Fire Commissioner has opened the application for the 2023-2024 Fire Company and Emergency Medical Services Grant Program (FCEMSGP). The grant program is available annually for volunteer and career fire companies, emergency medical services, and rescue squads. Eligible applicants can make an online grant application at the following link:
Applicants must create a user ID and password before they can access the grant application, even if they created one for a previous grant cycle.
The application period is open for 45 days by statute:
- September 6, 2023 – The 2023-24 FCEMS Grant application opens at 4:00 pm.
- October 20, 2023 – The 2023-24 FCEMS Grant application closes at 4:00 p.m.
Attached you will find the following documents that have been socialized with fire companies, EMS agencies, and rescue squads regarding the grant:
- Important Dates for the 23-24 Grant 23-24 Important Dates.pdf
- 23-24 FCEMSGP Program Guidance 2023-24 FCEMSGP Program Guidance.pdf
- Letter announcing the 23-24 Grant Program 23-24 Annual Grant Mailing Letter.pdf
As you know, the maximum grant award amounts were increased by the General Assembly last year:
- Fire Companies – $20,000 max; $2,500 min (up from $15k)
- EMS Companies – $15,000 max; $2,500 min (up from $10k)
Just a reminder: if you have NOT provided the report for the COVID-19 or the FCEMS grant from 2022, you are not eligible to apply until you have filed the report. The extended deadline was September 1, 2023.
If you need more information, please use the following emails for questions: