American Lung Association Releases %22State of Tobacco Control 2017%22 Report
The American Lung Association has released the results of its annual “State of Tobacco Control” report, which tracks progress on key tobacco control policies at the federal and state level, assigning grades based on whether laws are protecting citizens from tobacco-caused death and disease.
Pennsylvania’s State Summary:
Tobacco Prevention and Control Program Funding: F
Smokefree Air: C
Tobacco Taxes: D
Access to Cessation Services: F
Tobacco 21: F
- Support a Youth Tobacco Prevention Package to include:
- Increase funding for tobacco prevention and cessation
- Increase the Licensure fee to sell tobacco products
- Increase the age of sale for tobacco products to 21
- Remove the exemptions from the current Clean Indoor Air Act that restricts smoking in public places and workplaces.