The Pennsylvania Rural Health Farm Worker Protection Safety Program assists Pennsylvania growers and their employees in understanding and complying with the requirements of the Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Worker Protection Standard.
The goal of the program is to address the needs of all farm workers, with a special focus on migrant farm workers and Anabaptist populations.
This state-funded program is:
- Designed to help growers, farm workers, and farm worker advocates gain an understanding of and comply with the federal Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Worker Protection Standard (WPS)
- Managed by the Pennsylvania Office of Rural Health in collaboration with the Penn State Pesticide Education Program
- Funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture’s Bureau of Plant Industry
We help by:
- Providing Worker Protection Standard (WPS) training to growers and their employees
- Offering handler and worker WPS training
- Conducting farm WPS evaluations to help growers comply with the WPS standard
- Assisting growers' groups with their concerns
Rural Health Farm Worker Protection Safety Specialist
202 Beecher-Dock House
University Park PA 16802