The Governor’s Emergency Preparedness Summit 2017 will be held on September 30 through October 4 at the Hershey Lodge in Hershey, Pa.
Plenary speakers during the summit include:
- Brock Long, Federal Emergency Management Agency Administrator
- Don Boyce, United States Department of Health and Human Services
- Dr. Sepi Yalda, Director of the Millersville Center for Disaster Research and Education and noted meteorology and climate professor
- Manya Chylinski, survivor of the Boston Marathon Bombing and noted speaker on how the attack has altered her life
- Alex Amparo, Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Harvey Johnson, American Red Cross
Over 100 presentations have been selected! Those presentations feature a wide range of topics including:
- Collaboration in the emergency response world
- Drones and public safety
- Active shooter training and application in various settings
- Cyber hygiene and cyber trends in Pa.
- Social media and crisis communications in emergency management
- And many more!
For more information about registration, hotel fees, address of the hotel, etc., please visit www.gepsummit.pa.gov